The ProductionWise website is owned and operated by FluroSat Pty Ltd (?FluroSat?) and licensed to Foundation for Arable Research (?FAR?) New Zealand.
What information does FluroSat collect from you?
- If you register or subscribe to the ProductionWise website, you may provide personal information in a number of ways including when you:
- register to use the free record keeping section of the website
- subscribe to the website
- renew your subscription to the website
- change your personal details or contact FluroSat
- Information you provide can include:
- first name, middle name and surname
- date of birth
- trading or company name
- contact details including phone, fax, residential, postal and email addresses
- location of properties owned or managed by you
- crop types, varieties, purposes and methods
- farm management practices, grain storage and equipment used
- sale contracts in respect of crops
- other information in respect of farm inputs
- Information which FluroSat’s systems can discern and record when you visit our site includes:
- the identity of your internet browser
- the type of operating system you use
- your IP address
- the domain name of your Internet Service Provider
If the information sought is not provided, FluroSat may be unable to provide the products and services requested effectively or at all.
How does FluroSat use and disclose your information?
FluroSat uses personal information collected through the ProductionWise website for the following purposes and as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act:
- to provide estimates and forecasts in respect of particular farm outcomes as described on the website
- to calibrate numerical procedures or predictive models derived using third party data
- for FluroSat?s own research and development initiatives and to improve its products and services including but not limited to improving the content of FluroSat sites
- to inform registered users and subscribers about:
- operational matters in respect of their ProductionWise registration and/or subscription including pricing details, expiry and renewal dates and features of other products and services offered by FluroSat and its partners
- other offers and related matters in respect of potential registration and subscription to ProductionWise and/or other products and services offered by FluroSat and its partners
- where the user or subscriber has consented, other products and services offered by FluroSat, FAR and their related bodies corporate for the purpose of generating subscription, membership recruitment and marketing including research & development, training, and other supply chain related products and services; and
- details deemed relevant by FluroSat management of other upcoming events and special offers, businesses and third party services available to users via the website, email and fax or via electronic or hard copy letters or publications such as information booklets and newsletters.
By using the ProductionWise website you acknowledge and agree that FluroSat and its authorised representatives may contact you (including by phone, email and other electronic channels) for the purpose of providing you with the advertising and promotional information referred to above. You may unsubscribe to this information service at any time by contacting FluroSat or its authorised representative.
- FluroSat may preserve the content of any e-mail or other communication you send us. Your e-mail message content may be monitored by FluroSat for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
- When you are online, FluroSat will record information in respect of the pages within our network which you visit, how long you spend on each page and what you click on. These statistics are used to monitor concurrent user numbers and loads so that the best quality service can be delivered to you with the minimum of latency.
Where the user or subscriber has consented, FluroSat? may disclose personal information collected through the ProductionWise website to FAR or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) FluroSat may also sell, transfer, license, give away or otherwise provide third parties with access to information which is aggregated spatially, temporally or in any other manner and which includes information provided by you but only in a form which does not allow the recipient of the information to identify any individual who the information is about.
What steps does FluroSat take to protect your information?
FluroSat uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information of its users and subscribers. It uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures including firewalls, applications load balancing devices and other hardware and software. It restricts physical access to our offices, computer networks and all stored digital data to seek to ensure that personal information is reasonably secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
How does FAR use and disclose your information?
FAR uses reports collected through the ProductionWise website to manage regional reporting, these reports are only disclosed to FAR to assist with crop production and benchmarking summaries.
Changing or reviewing information held by FluroSat
ProductionWise registered users and/or subscribers are able to access and amend their personal information held by FluroSat through secure password access on the ProductionWise website. Users may also apply in writing.
If you believe that information held by FluroSat? about you is inaccurate or in need of updating, you may amend the details at any time by accessing the ProductionWise website using your secure user name and password.
If you wish to deregister from the ProductionWise website and have your details removed from our database, please send an email request to FluroSat.
How to contact FluroSat
If you would like to access your personal information, request that your information be changed or removed, or have any other queries about your privacy rights or the way in which FluroSat handles your personal information please contact FluroSat? Support Team from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5.00pm (AEST) in one of the following ways:
|+61 402 474 811
|ProductionWise Support Co-ordinator
Suite 145, National Innovation Centre
4 Cornwallis Street
Eveleigh NSW 2015
What should I do if I wish to lodge a privacy complaint?